whoa charcoal

Friday, June 11, 2010

An Apple A Day....


....Keeps the Doctor away. If only it were true for these "Apples"! Thursday was the last day of preschool this year for K and also his "Under the Sea" party. We spent most of the day on Wednesday making "Apple" Cupcakes for his Awesome Teachers. I was really surprised at how well they turned out. They were also really easy. I got the idea from this book> http://www.hellocupcakebook.com/. The one I have is actually the second book, "Whats New Cupcake". I absolutely adore every single page in this book. For anyone who loves cupcakes, it's a must have!

We went with the apples because, well, they just seemed appropriate. J the bus driver also got a box of them.

We went to Michael's and bought cupcake boxes and some red ribbon with white polka dots to finish them off.
I have to say...I think when all was said and done they turned out purty darn cute. In a homemade amateur sorta way ;)
The Theme for the preschool party was "Under the Sea". We watched a slide show. Then the kids sang "water inspired" songs in there cap and gowns that they made themselves. Oh so very cute!

After that they gave out awards and farewells to the little ones moving on to kindergarten. K got the "Bravo" award for his new found Independence and improved motor skills.

Even though he still has one more year of preschool, before moving on to the real deal, it was bittersweet. He is growing up so quickly and it makes me sad and happy at the same time. I remember when he was a baby and I would wonder what he would be like at 5 years old. It seemed so far away at the time. Well were there now and I love the little almost 5 year old that he's become! He amazes me everyday and I am proud to be able to call myself his Mom :)

2 comments:

  1. As a mom, it meant everything to me to see my girls in their 1st, 2nd, etc. programs growing up but, as a "GRANDMA", the feeling of excitement & love is greater than any one person could ever imagine!! I love watching him grow & become the little boy he is becoming. That was a very special day!!! MOM ;)

    p.s. Cupcakes were adorable...cutiest cupcakes I've ever seen! You did a fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic! I'm a lousy cake decorator, so I'm so impressed when I see such amazing talent. I bet they taste as good as they look.

    ReplyDelete